Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Day 3 of The Gluten Trials and Being Cute

*at work*

Gary (boss): Hey Ashley, did we ever get those trash bags in?
Me: ummm....well....I think they are over....well, maybe not....ummm

*pause*

Gary: Its a good thing you're cute.

So today was Day 3 of The Gluten Trials and I just want to note that I feel...its a little hard to explain.
I feel skinny. Not at all bloated. I feel....I guess in a sense you could say I feel healthy.
But at the same time, its only Day 3 and I might just be feeling this way because I imagine this as being more healthy and It may be all in my head.
Either way, update on last night. I went to Whole Foods with Huffman and grabbed a few items.
Ginger Snap cookies - omg YUM
Rice Mac & Cheese
Breakfast bar things - I didn't care for them, but Jenny did
A Frozen Pizza - Not that bad. It was quite tasty.
Some baby food for my cat.
So we are checking out and I realize that we are not going straight home so I ask the cashier to put the pizza back so it does not thaw.
Me: Oh, you don't have to worry about the pizza.
Cashier: *smiling largely* why?
Me: ...um cause I am not going straight home....
Cashier: Well we have complimentary ice for that *signals for ice and rings up my pizza*
Me: ok....
It was odd....
So we continue on our way....stopped at starbucks and bakers...nothing much...BUT around 11 I got SO hungry. That rice pasta wore off rather quickly.
So I eat some chips and salsa when I get to the house and fall into bed.
This morning, I go into work with my breakfast bar and leftover pasta, complete with chips and Ginger Snaps.
I did not care for the breakfast bar...it was too dry.
I had a ceasar salad when I was hungry at like 11. Those cupcakes were tempting me ALL day. And when I had to refill the pasta OMG the smell was SO tempting....
However, I did not budge and I heated up my Gluten Free-ness and filled up nicely on that. Everyone was looking at my food (it was all mashed up...I dont know how I manage to always mash everything...) and asking me if it was good. I thought that was a little amusing.
Well, that kept me full for the rest of the day and through class, and when I got home I made the frozen pizza. Jen and I feasted off of that.
It was not that bad. The crust was a little Tricuit-y as Jen had described, but it was still rather enjoyable.
So there goes Day 3 of the Gluten Trials. Let's see how Day 4 goes.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

those bars are actually not bad. thank you for your gluten free rejects!